- Uphold and internalize the values of scientific ethics in developing communication science and its benefits in the life of society and the state;
- Mastering the concepts and theories of communication as well as communication and information technology as well as their contribution in solving communication problems and conveying scientific ideas related to the results of communication research orally and in writing using national and international languages properly and correctly in the development of communication science;
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of developing or implementing communication science and communication and information technology by applying humanities values in accordance with their field of expertise);
- Able to evaluate and think philosophically by utilizing social and communication science paradigms to help produce communication models and approaches in the process of solving community and state problems in the field of communication.
Attitudes that must be possessed by graduates of the Doctoral Program in Communication Studies Fikom Unpad are:
- Fear of God Almighty and able to show religious attitude.
- Upholding human values in carrying out duties based on religion, morals and ethics.
- Contributing to improving the quality of life in society, nation and progress of civilization based on Pancasila.
- Playing a role as a citizen who is proud and loves the motherland, has nationalism and a sense of responsibility to the state and nation.
- Appreciate the diversity of cultures, views, religions and beliefs, as well as other people’s original opinions or findings.
- Working together and having social sensitivity and concern for society and the environment.
- Obey the law and discipline in the life of society and the state.
- Internalize academic values, norms and ethics.
- Demonstrate a responsible attitude towards work in their field of expertise independently.
- Internalize the spirit of independence, struggle and entrepreneurship.
The knowledge that must be mastered is: 1) Able to understand paradigms, theoretical perspectives, and research methodologies within the scope of Communication Studies which are developed based on their respective research traditions; 2) Able to understand the interrelationship of communication science with other sociohumanities scientific fields; 3) Finding or developing new scientific theories/conceptions/ideas, contributing to the development and practice of science and/or technology that pays attention to and applies humanities values in the field of communication
The general skills that must be possessed by graduates of the Doctoral Program in Communication Science Unpad are:
- Able to demonstrate academic leadership in the management, development and development of organizations under his/her responsibility;
- Mastering communication technology that supports work within the organizational environment.
- Able to update the concepts and theories of communication science through the findings of the final research in the specific field of communication such as; health, politics, culture and religion
- Able to offer a problem-solving model based on the results of the research conducted
- Able to communicate effectively and argumentatively based on understanding of concepts in the field of communication in the work environment
- Able to compile research maps and carry out interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary or transdisciplinary research, in the fields of science, technology, art and innovation as outlined in dissertation texts, and able to publish in the form of seminar papers and reputable international publications
- Able to conduct research that benefits humanity by producing models, designs and social engineering based on the results of studies that answer the problems of society, nation and state
- Able to compile scientific and technological arguments and solutions based on a critical view of facts, concepts, principles, or theories that can be scientifically accounted for